Saturday, February 27, 2010

Camera strap covers....

Ever since I got my Nikon, I have been eyeing those adorable camera strap covers you see on Etsy. And I have a beautiful and wonderfully talented photographer friend that I needed to get a gift for, so I decided to try and make them myself.

First I had to find the right fabric. That was by FAR the hardest part. Seriously, I've been looking for the "right" fabric since Christmas. I finally settled on a damask, and a cherry print.

The construction of this could not be easier. Basically, you cut a strip of fabric the length of your strap. Cut a piece of felt the same size, and quilt it to your pattern fabric. The quilting isn't "necessary" but those cameras are kinda heavy so I thought the extra padding would be nice :)


Then you sew it, and turn it right side out. That's IT!!!!! Well, actually, in our case, we side stitched them so that the seam would always stay on the back of the strap. But that is a completely unnecessary step...so don't feel like its a must.





They turned out rather well, and I was pleased to package them up for my friend Liz. Check out her photography blog...shes quite talented!!!!!!!


7 comments:

  1. Awww, that's so sweet! What a thoughtful thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i made one for my canon and um, let's just say i need to remake it - its a little too big, a little too sloppy -- i rushed through it - but it's on there for now and i do love the added bit of color to the camera! yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Now I gotta go make one. TFS!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. My son is a photographer and this would make a great Christmas present. Finding the right fabric will be hard. Thanks for showing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! If I was talented enough I would make myself one in toile:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Thanks for sharing. I saw a tutorial a long time ago then sort of forgot about it. I really want to make one - I love the idea of making it with a fun pattern!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete