Friday, February 5, 2010

My $3 buffet...

Being the thrifty diva that I am, you can imagine that my most treasured possessions are ones that I stole. (Legally of course.) My buffet is probably my favorite piece of furniture in the house. And the fact that I got it for $3 definitely adds to my love for it.

So, while wandering around Shopko one night, I noticed they had 3 "bridges" still in the boxes, marked at .99 cents a piece. I could see the picture on the box, and I liked how it looked, but didn't understand what it was. I talked to an associate and he explained that they were pieces for a big screen entertainment center. He said the "bridge" is the piece that goes on top of the big screen and connects the two sides. Apparently the manufacturer had sent the store more bridges than they had entertainment centers. So these were just extras. SCORE!!!!!

I don't have a big screen but I thought for .99 cents, maybe I'd find a use for them. I brought them home, assembled them, and then toyed with ideas of how to use them.















It wasn't until I stacked them to get them out of the way that I realized, I had found their purpose. I just love it! I hope you do too!!!



33 comments:

  1. What a fabulous steal that was! I can't believe you found those for .99 cents. Way to go. It really looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a clever way to use those things! I am super impressed....it's a happy accident, that's for sure! Thanks for sharing. Lisa~ www.livingmybestlifeii-lisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a bargain!!! lucky you...great finish. it looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Wow! You've got a great eye to visualize putting those together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm beside myself...HOLY COW! $3?? You win for the bargain of the day!! Thanks for the link!

    Andy
    Poppies at Play

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so need that at my house. I even know where I would put them...great find and great use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you did score! Dont' you love it when things happen like that?
    I haven't been in a Shopko since we lived in Rapid City, SD, but I remember they always had a great clearance section.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What an amazing deal! You scored big time on this! Can I make one tiny suggestion?! We could see your wonderful pics better if the tan background was solid and not see through. It doesn't allow us to see the pics without the pattern peeking through. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE IT! That is just precious! Why can't I ever find deals like that? TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! You great deal just gives me chills!!
    Blessings,
    KT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Score! Excellent use of these things--don't you just love when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by from MissMustardSeed. What a steal! It looks beautiful there, and for 3 bucks, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all, what a score!! I have no idea if any of us would EVER run into something like that, but hallelujah if we did! And second, great eye you have - they look like one unit, and very classy indeed. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa! what a bargain. That is great idea too.

    love it; thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! That is the deal of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great bargain and you've got it looking good. Awesome find!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! What a deal and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are right - what a steal! What a fabulous idea and no wonder you love it. Fantatsic repurposing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks fabulous! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  20. total serendipity!! $3 for that awesome piece? lucky, lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant! I am seeing the most wonderful ideas and crafts on this Show & Tell.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a great piece! I love how it turned out. I am hoping for good luck like that next time I go shopping!

    Thanks for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  23. SHUT UP! Are you kidding? Those look absolutely fantastic, and I would kind of agree with you. You totally stole them!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! It's like they were always meant to be that way. What a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG!!! That is so awesome!! I would kill for that!

    ReplyDelete
  26. cute!!! that would look great in my house.

    ReplyDelete