Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Jumping on the owl bandwagon...

I don't know if you've noticed, but white ceramics are HOT right now. I mean seriously, you can't flip open a design catalog without being bombarded with white ceramic stuff. Especially animals it seems like. I've seen everything from monkeys to rhinos, its crazy!

One thing that seems to be making a comeback that I am happy to see is the wise old owl. Take a look at some of these hot ticket items:



















Etsy...$24.00














Plantation accessories & lighting $165.00














Z-gallerie...$20.00





















Shades of light...$340.00

Well with all this design inspiration, I decided I needed an owl for my house. Enter my moms basement. Remember that I said her basement is like a treasure trove? Well, of course she would have owls down there...

Check out this beauty...straight from the 1970's BLECH



Not so perdy huh?


















Well...throw in some white glossy spray paint and a collage frame from Wally world



















Ahhhhhhhhh, much better. I am in love with black, white and red!!!!!! Which reminds me of a joke, whats black and white and read all over? Oh never mind, its a dumb joke :)







Visit thecsiproject.com

15 comments:

  1. That's so clever! I can't wait to go to Salvation Army with you tonight - if you don't go snapping up all the deals ahead of me, lol!

    (btw, it's a newspaper. Yes, heard that one before, groan!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I bet my mom has some owls in her basement too, I must go "shop" there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So smart!!Very clever! That is funny you said your mom's basement is a treasure trove...so is my mom and dad's!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will show this to my daughter. She collects owls. Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I'll have to check out our Goodwill for things we could spray paint for cute decor on the cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love owls - thanks for sharing these. Your's came out really nice. Love the look of the frame too. Watch out, Pottery Barn might steal your idea. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! I love what a huge difference spray paint can make! Great job!

    Thanks for linking to the DIY Show & Tell! :)

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a GREAT idea... We want to throw an owl themed baby shower for my sister. I love the idea of collecting owl stuff at Goodwill and taking a can of spray paint to all of it before the shower! Gorgeous!
    If you're interested, tomorrow we have a friday fun find party that we'd love for you to link up to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, you are good...bc I might not have seen how cute and classy he could be with just a shade of spray paint. Bonus points!
    Thanks for linking up to Tales from Bloggeritaville.

    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to head to Goodwill! My daughter's preschool class is the "Owl class" so she LOVES anything with owls on it. I am so glad they have been making a comeback right now. She wore owl pj's on pajama day and is making owl valentines. If I could find an owl for her room she would go crazy! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The owl is looks sooooo much better... Great job.

    Thanks for joining me for another great party at "Get Your Craft on Thurs." Please join me next week for another wonderful party..

    Please stop by for a big annoucement Tuesday, the 16th. I'm so excited I'm about to bust...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool idea! My son loves owls (bird) and would love something like that in his room.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Neat idea! I found one of those same ugly owls awhile back and painted him white. I just haven't decided what the heck to do with him yet! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Perfect example of what just a little paint can do. Thanks for sharing at the Power of Paint Party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm pleased that you jumped on the owl bandwagon. I totally find them charming. Thanks so much for linking!

    Andy
    Poppies at Play

    ReplyDelete