Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Anthropologie pretties for...FREE?!?!?!?

Technically, this post should be called "confessions of a former dumpster diver." But that's a whole nother post...so, instead, I will share with you one of my greatest dumpster diving treasures. We found this filing box in a dumpster and when I tried to pull it out I noticed it was rather heavy. It was FULL of vintage costume jewelry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the past few years my mom has added to the collection, but when I saw this on Anthropologie's website today, I knew just where to go for supplies...


I already had the stretchy cord on hand so I just needed to de-construct and re-construct some broken strands of pearls


Once they were all re-strung, it was simply a matter of pinning the brooch onto the pearls. Yup, that's it. Which is AWESOME because I can switch the brooch out depending on what outfit I'm gonna wear!!!!!!


So whaddya think? I think I just saved myself $58!! :)



Visit thecsiproject.com

20 comments:

  1. Um..fabulous!!! What a find, and terrific job on the redo! I'm off to find that pink brooch I've been saving and some pearls that need to be restrung!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Anthropologie, and that is SO Anthropologie:)! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a GREAT find... that is some awesomeness ya got there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely. And free. It doesn't get better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Cow! What a great find! I LOVE the bracelet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow those are awesome!! I wish I could get my hands on my grandma's jewelry! This is fantastic.

    Stop by and enter my napkin ring giveaway and get some great ideas for your Easter Tablescape.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. What*&#! I can't believe your found all that stuff and your design is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of makeing my own. They are very trendy and in at the moment. I envey that you have these fun trinkets..

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME!!! You found that for free???!!! Totally great score! Way to go!


    Blessings, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, um, where does your mom live? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HURRAY for dumpster diving! My goodness who would throw that all away! Well good thing they did because now it's being made into awesomeness. Love the bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. soooo pretty! and girlie! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm showing this to everyone I know... they all think I'm a bit weird for 'dumpster diving'... great find! I'm proud of you!!
    Sandy
    http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are great!!! Great find...

    Thanks for joining Get your Craft on Thurs. Please join me next week for another great party.
    If you haven’t entered my giveaway you still have time. http://lifeaslori.blogspot.com/2010/02/advertising-and-giveaway.html
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice, nice, nice! I can't believe someone threw that jewelry away!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loves me an Anthro knock off. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow that's awesome and GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete