Wednesday, May 5, 2010

So I have this friend....

Who runs an organic farm. She sells her vegetables at local farmers markets and out of her house. This is the first year shes really "going public" with everything, as far as really marketing herself. And it occurred to me, she needs a KILLER sign to have at her vegetable stand.

Thus began my mission. It started with this...
Nice right? Yeah, but what you can't see is this thing was fallin' apart...one of the buttons lost its cover, the back was coming off...just a hot mess. I decided, it was perfect! ;)

I started by taking the 2 panels out of the frame. I then "un-upholstered" the wood and gave it 4 coats of chalkboard paint. We figured chalkboard paint would be best so she can write what she has and how much, and of course that changes as the summer progresses...

For the top, I knew I wanted to do something with vintage seed graphics, so I began my search. I got some great ones from The Graphics Fairy (as always), and then I found the mother load here. After I printed them all off...


I got to modge podging. Isn't she lovely...

But, I still needed to incorporate the business name (as much as I hated covering up those GORGEOUS graphics!) So, I got out the cricut and I cut 2" circles, and then I cut 1" letters. I think the hardest part of this whole project was figuring out letter placement. But, once they were modge podged, I put the panels back into the frame and reinforced it with picture nails. And here you have it....


I just LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE how it turned out! I sure hope my friend likes it, and that when she's chillin' at the farmers market people think "that's a cool sign, I think I'll buy from her instead of these other yahoo's" ;)

Oh, and...you should totally check out my friends blog here...she is the all-natural mama, and she is ALLLLLLLL about living naturally! :)

PS-Don't forget to link up to our Gettin' Crafty on Hump Day link party here

Visit thecsiproject.com

16 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! What an amazing transformation...link this one up and show it off EVERYWHERE! You must be an awesome "IRL" friend! Thanks for discsovering the vintage gardening graphics. I have wanted some for quite sometime! My other passion is gardening.
    I'm going to check out your friend's blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sign is beautiful! I would definitely buy from that stand at the farmer's market! :D Doesn't The Graphics Fairy have the best stuff? I haven't been over there in a while; might be time for me to drop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That did turn out GREAT! I love all the veggie prints! Your friend is going to love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great. You did an awesome job! I was just nosing around the graphics fairy myself. Love that site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a BEAUTIFUL transformation!!
    Thanks for sharing and linking up to I'm Lovin' It! Have a FABULOUS weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She'd have ME at that sign! You did a fabulous job recreating that board. Your friend will love it and think of how sweet you are every time she looks at it (and gets a compliment on it!) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love this sign you made! Thanks for sharing this project! I'm a new follower! ~Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great friend you are! This looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous!! What a great friend you are, I'm sure she will treasure this for a long time! Thanks so much for playing along for "Brag Monday".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all those graphics! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fantastic! This sing must tempt every potential buyer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that's a transformation! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE it, Nikki! Thanks so much! Can't wait to display it at the first farmers market!!!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a beautiful job!! Your friend is going to love it! You are very creative!

    ReplyDelete