Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dollar Store transformation & link party.........

Welcome to Gettin' Crafty on Hump Day......

This week, I thought I'd post a project of my own to go with this lovely little partay...

My in laws recently bought a new home and I set out to make something really nice to hang above their fireplace. It started with these cute little crosses I found at the dollar store...


I loved the messages on them...but the stands on them were soooooooo cheap and not sturdy or practical AT ALL! So, i decided to cut the stands off the bottom, and mount them to a frame. In comes these sweet silver frames from...you guessed it...another dollar store...


I put some pretty brown scrap booking paper in the frames and then hot glued the crosses to the glass and take a looksy....



I'm super happy with how they turned out and my in-laws loved them, so that's all that counts :)


So, with that, lets kick this off!!!!! My only "rule" (I've never been a fan of rules, so this is more of a pretty please with a cherry on top! ;) if you link up, please add my button to your blog, and please leave a comment. Also, please visit some of the other projects and spread some comment love :)





Visit thecsiproject.com

10 comments:

  1. I posted two things but I am making this one comment count for both! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki, Can I PLEASE come and follow you around at the Dollar Store???? You find the best stuff! Your ideas for transforming amze me! You've taught me to look at things differently when I'm in the Dollar Tree. Are the crosses from there? I'm headed there Thursday.
    Thanks for hosting the party! Fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered your Link Party and I'm happy to play along. Can't wait to see what everyone has been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The framed crosses look very stylish and chic. What a great redo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out really nice - you definitely upscaled them from where they were...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job!! Looks fab!! Thanks for linking up to Whatever Goes Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project - I just LOVE the Dollar Store! Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired last week.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete