Sunday, June 20, 2010

Oooooh oooh, PICK ME, PICK MEEEEEEEEEEEE....

Everyone, guess WHAT?!?!??! I was selected to be one of the 8 contestants on Win, Lose, or Blog!!!!


What is Win, Lose, or Blog? Well...its a collaboration of bloggers coming together to lose weight and get healthier! Each season lasts 8 weeks, and there are 8 contestants in each one. They had over 50 applications for the first season, so you can imagine how ECSTATIC I was when I found out I was chosen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, how does this work...well, they will be setting up a blog for me to share my journey, and I hope you all will follow along with me. I will have to post my weight EVERY week which is a scary scary SCARRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY (and kind of scary) thing for me, but hopefully, it will be good motivation. And the bright side is, even if you all are laughing at me, I won't know, cuz in blog land, I can't see you laughing :)

I suppose I should tell you a little about my story huh? As a child, I went through a couple "fat phases" but for the most part I was relatively thin. Then, when I turned 20 years old, I started gaining weight out of no where, like crazy. I had some other odd symptoms so I went to see my doctor. I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (in 2000), and in 18 months I gained approximately 100 pounds (doing NOTHING different than I had been doing I might add!) I was FURIOUS to say the least! Since then, (1 DECADE later!!) weight loss has been a major struggle for me. Usually, no matter how hard I work, it doesn't seem to want to move. And sometimes I just don't wanna work lol. But, I'm hoping the added accountability of having my readers and all the followers of this new blog to help me move forward! See...after my surgery I found out that on top of the obstacles we already were aware of to getting pregnant...turns out one of my tubes is completely blocked. So...the dr. says that anything I lose will increase my odds of conceiving, and I really really really want another baby. I can't begin to describe the disappointment I feel every single month when I see that single line on the pregnancy test. Not fair!

I'm good at "making over" other things...but not so much myself. Maybe its time for my own personal DIY ;)

Anyway, will you take this journey with me?!?!?! I hope so! Its a long road, and I need all the support I can get! :)

Check out the blog where I'll be tracking my progress HERE

8 comments:

  1. I will be here with my cheerleader pom-poms rooting you all the way to victory! GO NIKKI! I am so excited for you! Lose a few pounds for me too?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being selected. I hope you get lots of support from all your friends in bloggy land. You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!

    I think this is just wonderful, and I will be cheering for you all the way. You're already a hot mama now; just imagine what you'll be in a few weeks!

    Would you like me to post too, or would you prefer to keep this personal? I can completely understand.

    (LOL, don't "Flip" your switch!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness.

    how exciting!

    i don't even know you, but i am way happy for you!

    fyi: your blog is a gem!

    -ang

    greensubmarinediydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi..I’m Barb….I am from TTA & Santa’s Gift Shoppe. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so exciting! I've got to find out more....love blogging but I'm struggling to lose weight, so I've wondered if there is a fun way to combine the two. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any extra motivations has got to help, right?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's exciting news! Good luck!
    Just found your blog and I'm your newest follower. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
    Kate @ This Mom Loves

    ReplyDelete