Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Gettin' Crafty on Hump Day....

I'm quite a ways away from moving into the new place. But that shouldn't stop me from making things for it right?!?!?! I've known for some time that the next place I move is having a coffee themed kitchen. And about 18 months ago, I bought 2 rolls of this FAB border...which is what started the whole thing:


Imagine my absolute delight when I found this:


Its a lid to a paper mache box (see the back):

I got it on half off day for .49 cents at Salvation Army. I heart Salvation Army. Anywho...it matches my border. Things that match make me happy :)

I decided, it needs to be a clock. Everyone needs a clock in their kitchen right? No? Hubby says I should just leave it and hang it as is. I never listen to hubby.

So, I found this monstrosity at Goodwill for $2.99 (and don't even GET me started on how outrageous goodwill's prices have become, I mean SERIOUSLY...someone needs to explain to them they are NOT Macy's, ok, I mean GET OVER YOURSELF, seriously *taking Valium*) Now that that's out of my system, I feel better.


So, I ripped that ugly beast apart and united the innards with my lovely lid and VOILA......perfection.......

So the color scheme is black cabinets, with the beige counters and floor already in there. Gold color for the walls (same as the color in the border) and red curtains and accents...what do you think?

So what've you been craftin' for hump day? Link it up, and please comment when you do. Also, visit some of the other links and share some comment love with them too. Please please pretty please :)


12 comments:

  1. Love it.. and ditto on the GW prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your clock! It is totally AWESOME! Can't wait to see it in your "new" kitchen. An unbelieveable "matchy find" too!
    Thanks for hosting again this week.
    I'm going to link up!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great clock!! I get excited about matching things, too. :) I know exactly what you mean about Goodwill, too. I hear it from all over the country. I rarely go in anymore, and I never donate there. (I donate to a smaller, local thrift store that I know exactly where the money is going AND they give good deals to their customers.) The only time I can get a good deal at Goodwill is if they don't know what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting!
    I agree with you about Goodwill prices. What are these people thinking? I think you can get better deals at yard sales, especially when a not-so-crafty owner just wants to get rid of stuff quickly!
    Congrats on your new house! I know you'll have lots of projects to share and I hope you'll link them up to Modern Craftswoman Monday! Rory

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to force myself to stick to Goodwill sticker days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this clock, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting, Hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for hosting! This is my first time linking up here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am trying to post a little crafty project using recycled mirror art and for some reason, the pic isn't showing up! I thought I would leave you the link, just in case you get bored and need a new project!:
    http://www.potholesandpantyhose.com/A/Arts_%26_Crap_Archives/Entries/2010/3/16_I_happen_to_love_flowers..html

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm so with you on goodwill's outrageous prices. we live in a tiny town in eastern oregon and our store sells alot of junk, crap, garbage and they still want way too much for their stuff. even their clothing.. if it has a "name brand" tag in it, it can be upwards of $7 bucks! i am always so jealous of all these girls on these blogs that find the most amazing stuff at the goodwill or on the curbside.. darn you people for living in good junk collecting towns! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a clever idea.... And I sooo agree, Goodwill has gone nuts. Sometimes one could easily buy new for the prices they want.

    Warm blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love clocks and this is perfect!
    Thanks for sharing @ Anything Related!

    ReplyDelete