Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My wordy mat...

My sister epitomizes the Proverbs 31 woman. Shes near sainthood, seriously. So for her birthday I knew I wanted to incorporate that.

She also shares a love for vintage things, so when I found the PERFECT vintage home school print, I KNEW it'd be perfect for her!

Basically, I took a white mat from Walmart, and spray painted it an ivory color (like the print), then I used my cricut and more contact paper to cut out the verses.

I stuck the contact paper to the mat and gave it 2 coats of glossy black. After it had time to dry I peeled off the stickers and was left with this:
I LOVE that the edges didn't turn out perfectly crisp...it gives it more of a vintage look I think!

I hope she has a phenomenal birthday and that she loves the way it turned out just as much as I do!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. That's beautiful - I really love the way it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO COOL! And yet another reason why I should get a cricut! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful gift. I bet she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so special! That'd make an awesome Mother's Day present too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really lovely, your sister should love it! Hugs, Cindy S

    ReplyDelete