Sunday, April 4, 2010

My least favorite kind of craft to make...

A sympathy craft.

This week, a good friend of mine tragically lost her father. The family is in shock, and grief stricken. It is such a sad situation, I can not even imagine what she must be going through right now.

If you get a moment, could you please say a prayer for my friend Stephanie, her mom Candy, her brother Justin, and the whole family. I know they'll need all the prayers they can get as they face this difficult time.

So, that being said, I wanted to make something special for her, as a sympathy gift...

I found a wonderful poem online, grabbed a dollar store canvas, and my scrap booking supplies and got to work.

The poem reads:
When tomorrow starts without me,
and I'm not there to see,
If the sun should rise,
and find your eyes,
all filled with tears for me.
I wish so much you wouldn't cry,
the way you did today.
While thinking of the many things,
we didn't get to say.
I know how much you love me,
as much as I love you.
And each time that you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too.
-Author Unknown


I'm pretty happy with the results, and I hope she feels the love that I poured into it while making it...

6 comments:

  1. Thats terrible news to hear... I have added Candy, Stephanie and Justin to my prayers. You found a good poem to add to the piece, hopefully it will bring them some comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poem is just so touching. My hubby lost his mom in February and I'm going to share it with him. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I came across your blog...I am going to make one of these plaques for my aunt (who lost her mother Friday in a freak accident).
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so beautiful and thoughtful. I'm sure it will be very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved it! Thanks for sharing!
    I have a great interview with a savvy blogger on my blog right now with great tips on how to help your blog grow.
    Come check it out http://bloggerchixdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/04/aprils-featured-interview-april.html
    Also a giveaway for a Trendy Diaper Changing Pad if your interested :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's beautiful and heartfelt. I hope it can bring a touch of comfort to your friend.
    ☺ Celeste

    ReplyDelete