Saturday, April 3, 2010

I LURVVEEEEEEEEEEE auctions......

Well peeps, auction season is upon us and I for one couldn't be happier. I love auctions. Such a rush to wave that little piece of paper in the air...

This week, I walked away with 3 dressers, a wing back chair, a retro TV cabinet, and several boxes of miscellaneous junk. Total cost....$11.75. Not too shabby...

I'm super excited about the wing back chair...I've been wanting to try my hand at re-upholstering, and after paying a mere 25 CENTS for the chair, it should make a great practice piece!

But, the surprise of the day...the TV cabinet. I saw this little diamond in the rough, and she was OOOOOOOOG-LY. Pale pink and FILTHY!!!!!! But, I liked the lines, and I even liked the basket weave detail on the doors (tho, I think I have something a little different planned for that...later). I thought well...it'd need a SERIOUS cleaning, and some paint, but...if it goes for cheap I'll bid on it.

Total Cost....$1.00 WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

After a serious scrubbing, and some sanding, I gave it 2 coats of a nice london grey. After that I added some mod knobs from the re-store, at .50 cents a piece. I find it quite ironic that the knobs cost me the same amount as the cabinet...kinda silly don't ya think?

But, the end result, I just LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who'd have thought that a $2 investment could make me so giddy?



And just think...auction season has just begun, and I've already got 3 dressers, and a chair to redo...its gonna be a busy summer...


Visit thecsiproject.com

12 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the details. And the color you painted it is fabulous!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I wish there were auctions like that around here! The cabinet turned out really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat! Almost looks metallic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Love auctions too. Used to go ALL the time before children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you will have a busy summer with all of your great bargain finds! Great transformation, I love the gray color you chose!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What bargains! I like the basketweave pattern. Be sure to stop by AtticMag this week for a Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - did you ever grab some bargains! Quite a transformation on the cabinet - I too like the basketweave pattern. Very unique.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your choice of paint color!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow!! i'd be giddy, too. that turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That piece is very cool. I love and am adicted to auctions as well. You just can't beat some of the prices.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've currently overloaded myself on projects too. I have a chest of drawers, desk, coffee table & 2 end tables. My hubby has told me I can't buy anymore projects until I get something completed.

    ReplyDelete