Monday, April 19, 2010

Auction furniture redux take 2....

My hubby and I have been using these HORRIFIC garage cabinet thingies (yes, that's the technical term) for our clothing storage for years, and I'm just plain sick of it!!!!

So, when I went to that auction a couple weeks ago I was completely delighted to see the multitude of dressers being auctioned off. I picked up 3 (2 for me, 1 for a friend), and I paid $2.50 for this beauty...


Yeah...not so purdy huh?


But, adding some lovely brilliant white paint, and updating the hardware and I LUVVVVVVVVVVVV the crisp clean lines of it!!!!!


And the hardware?!?!??! Don't even GET me started!!!!! Typically, I'd buy new hardware, but I just loved the look of this stuff...so, a couple of coats of hammered bronze....perfecto.....


5 comments:

  1. How many times have I seen this SAME dresser for sale! Love what you did to the hardware. Better get it off the sidewalk though...you won't be getting your mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes...SO much better with a new coat of white! Looks GREAT! We would love to have you link this beauty up to our Anything Related party tomorrow!
    ~Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to go to the next auction with you! I need to you elbow me and say, "get that; that's a treasure in the making" so I don't completely ignore everything there, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute now! You can't beat that fab price! Are you clothes happier now?

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome! Amazing what paint can do - and I love the hardware. And you only paid $2.50 for that!? WOW!

    ReplyDelete