Monday, August 23, 2010

Germ Blaster...

I wanted to make a little gift for my son's preschool teacher, and I saw a ton of tutorials on personalized sanitizer. I thought that was a PERFECT idea, so I went with it. I bought a JUMBO sized bottle of sanitizer:



I peeled the label off, and then used a combination of furniture polish, fabric softener and sneaker cleaner to get the residue off (I seriously need to buy some goof off!). Once I got the goop off it, I used some left over vinyl from another project and added a fun little caption with my Lyrical Letters cartridge. Of course I needed to embellish with a little ribbon...and here she is:



I wanted to add some cute/fun graphics so I pulled out my Indie Art cartridge. Seeing as my son is OBSESSED with batman currently, I thought the bomb/pow captured the feel I was going for. Here's a close up:



So for a couple bucks I've got a personalized gift that is as functional as it is cute! What gifts have you made for back to school?

10 comments:

  1. Super-duper cute. I bet she will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea for a gift, very creative!

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha, that's hilarious, and what a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! so simple yet so great!! is her name really mrs jungles?? thats a pretty awesome teacher name!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly-her name IS Mrs. Jungles...I seriously can not think of a cooler (or more appropriate) name for a pre-school teacher!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a perfect teacher gift!!!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome teacher gift! My grandson's school has different themes for the rooms in each grade, like Mrs, West is "Wild West" and his teacher this year is using frogs, so I would love to make a "themed" bottle for his teachers at Christmas! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is cutest idea. I'm thinking I'll have to try something like this for my someone special.
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so glad you shared your great project with us at Anything Related! I have to remember this one!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete