Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gettin' Crafty on hump day.......

Well here we are, another Wednesday...last Wednesday of January already...I swear I remember celebrating New Years just last week lol.

Well in an effort to prepare my humble abode for Valentines Day, I decided I needed some cute/inexpensive wall art to brighten things up. I picked up one of these hideous frames at The Dollar Tree:

After I ripped the ugly brass colored plastic "frame" piece glued to the glass, I used double sided tape and added some cute scrapbook paper. Then I popped open a bag of conversation hearts (I won't disclose how many I ate while working on this project...) and on the back of them I used a fine point art marker to make the letters I wanted for a little crossword love. And here's what I came up with:

It feels like its missing something, but I can't quite figure out what...maybe a bow, or some other embellishment...who knows...but for now, I'm pretty happy with my $2 project (well technically $1.10, cuz I DEFINITELY ate .90 worth of supplies ;)

So what have you been up to? Please NO solicitations, and please leave me some comment love. Can't wait to see all you've accomplished!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. "(well technically $1.10, cuz I DEFINITELY ate .90 worth of supplies"

    HA! Greatest line I've read all night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! Thanks for the linky & I love the same line mentioned above. Not every craft can we eat the supplies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nikki!

    This is a bit of good cheer that I needed this morning. I love that wrote on them and ate a bunch too. :)

    Alison
    http://welcomesunshinehome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nikki!
    Good thing I don't care for those candies or I would have probably gobbled up .99 worth of supplies...like the m &m's in my candy machine at Christmas!!! Thanks for hosting! I'm gonna have to try and find some of those frames if the brass comes off easily. They look like they will be about the right size for something I'm working on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is one exception to the "don't eat your craft supplies" rule. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you like the altered can project I created for Chinese New Year. Thanks for having the party

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting Nikki! Cute frame! And great use of candy hearts! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a really creative site! I am taking part in this "party" for the first time, but it won't be the last time, I suppose ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love everything to do with candy hearts...


    just not eating them. puke.

    i will get you that price list! i totally forgot amidst the babies being born, and magazines being printed, and engagements...

    ReplyDelete