Friday, October 29, 2010

Get your candy ready....

Who's ready for trick or treaters?!?!?! We love passing out candy, but this year my son has decided he wants to trick or treat instead so, looks like we'll be on the receiving end. I still decided I needed a cute candy bowl for when friends and or family stop over and help themselves to our loot...So I started with this:

1 clear plastic bowl
1 package Halloween napkins
Some Halloween garland
ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL from.......ding ding ding ding, the Dollar Store!

To start with, I modge podged napkins on the outside with the pattern facing inside so the bowl looked like this:

Then I modge podged another layer of napkins on the outside...this time with the pattern facing out, and then I hot glued the garland around the lip of the bowl, so it looked like this:

Now, for those of you who have modge podged napkins before, you know...it will NOT be smooth...ever, no matter what methods you use, or how hard you try, the napkins and too fragile, they wrinkle up. And ESPECIALLY when going around a ROUND bowl...but I like the texture, I think it adds to it!

After all that tho, my bowl was missing something....I couldn't quite put my finger on it and then it hit me......

Oh yeah, that's MUCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHH better ;)

Happy Halloween everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments: