Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Gettin' Crafty on Hump Day...

I realize this is early (submissions will open at 9pm), but I have a knock-off too good to wait on!!!!!!! I fell in LOVE with these in the Ballard Catalog:
I decided, I NEEEEEEEEEEEDED to have one of these, FAST! So, while scouring my local Goodwill, I found a round picture frame that would work PERFECTLY! I started by ripping the back off, then I put in a round piece of mirror (a candle plate from the $$ store) and then I glued the back on again. Check it out:

Note to self: when you make an AWESOME copy cat, curb your enthusiasm and take time to windex off your finger print smudges before you photograph and/or post pictures on your blog. This has been a public Service announcement.

I realize that my little mirror is no where near as large as the one from Ballard, but thats ok, I plan to scour all thrift stores till I find 2 more so I can make a little grouping like this one:


These cost a mere $139!!!!!!!! *Rolls eyes*

My little beauty cost under $5 :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I luvvvvvvvvvv when I find a way to stick it to the man...

So what have you been crafting this week? Link it up! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE put my button on your blog somewhere, and please leave a comment if you link. Also, please only post a CRAFT project that you've been working on (or a recipe, whatever)...its just, the last 2 weeks someone has been posting links to an online store where they are selling refinished furniture. Don't make me delete your links, I don't want to be "that guy." Thanks :) hugs and kisses...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting another WONDERFULLY fun linky party, Nikki!! :) And what a GREAT find! It's a mini-me of the Ballard one -- love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mirror! Hey, I never windex anything if I can help it. Let's just say your photo is intentionally artistic with an interesting swirl of light.

    ReplyDelete